Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You Must Be Joking

Provided for your viewing pleasure is the John McCain speech from last night, painful as it was.




I would like to nominate the following comment from the Economist about the speech for “Best Election Season Line.” I'm still smiling.

Ok, I lied, there's one surprise. The terryifying death rictus grin-and-snicker after every joke line. I don't know whether Americans are ready to vote for Mr McCain, but I am prepared to pay him one million dollars not to release deadly Smilex gas over the New Year's Eve crowd at midnight.

Tell me you've never wondered about the fake smile thing McCain has going? One wonders if he really means what he says.

3 comments:

Zach W. said...

Yeah, his attempts at humor, followed by that weird/disturbing smile and snicker were offsetting, to say the least.

Dad29 said...

OK.

You're stuck with a guy who, when off-script, says REALLY stupid stuff.

We're stuck with a guy who is better off not speaking at all.

What a Country!!!

Other Side said...

Vote for mimes!